Thursday, 11 August 2016

Layout #10: Proto Plumber

My first step in making a layout is to gather together all the things I think I might like to use on the page and stick them in a bag (I use empty do crafts goody bags). I generally only get to craft in the evening, but I do my picking during the day, because I don't trust even daylight bulbs when it comes to colour matching. I sometimes have lots of these bags ready, and some projects to do have been in the bags for a very long time - the photo in this layout is one of those. Originally I was going to scrap it with a photo of a different occasion where Bob helped Daddy with jobs, but then I found this really nice single photo layout on Pinterest and decided to scraplift it. The photo I've used isn't great quality, but I really like it anyway, and I think it's turned out OK (the title isn't wonky by the way, that's just the photo!).




What I used:
Paper & Card: Core'dinations Core Colour 12x12 "Ming", Dovecraft 8x8 Designer Paper Pack "Masculine", Papermania textured card 12x12, golden brown textured paper (The Paper Box Company I think).
Embellishments: Daisy & Dandelion embossed transfers "Marshmallow does DIY", stars from Anita's masculine word outline stickers in cream and brown, Forever Friends "Christmas Tale" Ultimate Collection cardstock alphabet stickers, Doodlebug Simply Sweet rub on mini alphabet "bon bon".
Tools: XCut large corner rounding punch, Whispers permanent brush marker "brown", XCut Impress italic die set (original). Carl star punch

Crafting notes:
  • I couldn't find any borders that I liked for under the title, so I made one with layers of paper and some outline sticker stars.
  • I made the template for the large star by printing out an enlarged clip-art star.
  • To make the small stars, I didn't have a star punch pointy enough to match the other stars on the layout. I punched out the closest thing I had, then added dots a mm or so in at each obtuse angle. Then I cut from the star tips to those dots to make a pointy star with minimal measuring.

6 comments:

  1. hi Amanda ... just loving your scrap book page ... a super memory to save ... just hopping about ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout and I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Amanda - like you I prefer to get my colours sorted in natural daylight. Having said that one of the best purchases I've made is a daylight lamp that I use when crafting at night. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great layout, lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant layout....great colours together and love the photo of daddy's little helper....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)