Friday, 12 June 2015

Crafting Cafe June Challenge - Black & White

Take your child to enough toddler groups and soft play centres and sooner or later you'll bring home some truly horrible bug. Most of my May was spent blowing noses (not always my own), coughing, and generally feeling very sorry for my whole family. My little boy and my husband were more ill than I've seen them for a long while, the poor dogs had to make do with trudges around the park, and a combination of a permanent headache and conjunctivitis meant that I couldn't craft. Happily we were all better in time for a long-anticipated week away - the source of many scrapbook pages to come I hope!

Thanks to our plague, I missed the Crafting Cafe challenge last month, but below is my card for the June challenge - 'black and white'. The sponsor this time is Inky Impressions, and I've chosen their cute Kitty with Bow digital stamp. I hope you like it!



Happy crafting!
Amanda

What I used
Image: Inky Impressions "Kitty with Bow" digital stamp
Papers: Doodlebug "Black bouquet" 12x12, Papermania Capsule Collection "Monochrome" A4, Black card
Embellishments: Papermania "It's a Man's World" die cut greetings, Papermania adhesive stones (black)
Tools: XCut Dielicious nesting dies "Bookplate", watercolour pencils, Flower punch

Crafting notes
  • I added a black card layer under the flower paper. It's not visible on the finished project, but it adds a little depth without using foam pads or tape
  • I placed the greeting so that the cat appears to be looking at it.
  • To make the bow, I first made a template by tracing the outline onto a scrap of vellum.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card and I adore the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and I adore the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a gorgeous card the image is so cute. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, the little Disney kitten is adorable.. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)