Saturday, 29 November 2014

The Crafting Cafe November Challenge - Not a card

The challenge over at the Crafting Cafe this month is to create something other than a card.  I've used an elf image from one of the sponsors, Artbymiran to alter a notebook, although to be honest, the result could easily be a card if I just changed the words.  Oops!  The elf in the picture is sitting on a present, so I've created a present list book, to keep both my gift ideas, and a record of presents received, to help with the thank you notes.



I hope you like it.

What I used:

Image: Elf Colouring Page by Artbymiran
Papers: snowy wrapping paper, dark green mulberry paper, Anita's Classic Christmas Black 6x6 papers (for the present)
Tools & Colour: Whispers brush markers, See D's Christmas Alphabet stamps, Marianne Designs Creatables die "Pine Tree Branch", iridescent glitter glue

Crafting notes:

  • Instead of colouring the present, I used a scrap of Christmas paper and cut it to the same shape as the present.  I then added scraps of red card for the 'ribbon'.
  • To create the tree, I used a pine branch die to cut lots of sprigs, some of which I cut up for variety.  The particular shape of the die meant that I was able to use the spoil in places too, where I'd cut two sprigs close together.
  • I added glitter glue to the 'snow' at the bottom of the picture, and the tree.
  • I kept most of the design flat so that the notebook will last (I want it to be in use for ideas most of the year), but I did add a little thin foam tape under the elf's legs to give some depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)