I love this kind of layout, with the panels of papers, though it is a little fiddly and by the time I'd finished I wished my tape runner hadn't run out - so many edges! I had the perfect picture for the challenge too - a picture of me with my two best friends from university, one of whom was wearing a splash of bright pink. I chose papers and embellishments that matched the style of the dresses and found a great quote sticker that eliminated the need for much of the journalling I'd planned - we see each other quite rarely, and I loved that we turned up dressed so similarly.
I hope you like it!
What I used:
Papers: Dovecraft "A Hint of Pink" 8x8 paper stack, Papermania capsule collection 8x8, pink swirly 12x12 paper from old do crafts goody bag, Paper Mill black cardstock 12x12, Paper Mill pink vellum 12x12.
Embellishments: Various silk and paper flowers, Papermania mini printed brads, do crafts felt flowers, Papermania Alphamania curly font (pink), K&Co "Smitten" glittered chipboard letters, Basic Grey "Periphery" undressed chipboard shapes (swirls), DCWV quote stack sticker "Friends", Papermania solid gems, black.
Tools: Papermania Summer Bloom stamps 'Picnic', XCut pokey tool, Studio g alphabet stamps, Forever Friends Hand Script Numbers stamps
Paints and Inks: Papermania capsule collection "red hot", Anita's acrylic paint "black", "metallic pink", Palette hybrid ink pad "Belle Rose", Colorbox chalk ink "Pink Pastel"
- The circular bits of journalling/title looked quite blank once the lettering was done, but I didn't want to overpower the writing, so I stamped some swirls around the edges in very pale pink ink. They were already stuck on the page, so I used the die cut 'spoil' to protect the page.
- I couldn't find any pink paper quite the right colour for my matting, so I used pink vellum with white paper behind.
- To make sure all the paper squares line up perfectly, I cut and stuck one at a time, so that each was made for the actual gap, not the expected gap, which isn't the same as often as I'd like!
- The best match of paint I had for the pink swirl was metallic, but nothing else on the page is, so I mixed in a little white acrylic paint to dull it down, then added a pink chalk ink over the top once dry.
- For the flower in the bottom right, I embellished the flower printed on the paper with die cut flowers:
- To complete the tie-in with the dresses, I'd have liked to have included a black ribbon and bow somewhere, but couldn't quite make it work. Ah well, maybe next time!
Happy crafting :-)