Wednesday, 13 November 2013

The Crafting Cafe November Challenge - Winter Blues

I've been quiet this month, but behind the scenes I've been a Very Good Girl, as I've actually had a little bit of a craft room clear out.  I'm a terrible hoarder, so this is quite an achievement for me!  I've also made my first Christmas card of 2013 - my inspiration card for this month's "Winter Blues" theme over at The Crafting Cafe.  Our November sponsor is the lovely Lindsay at LEJ Designs, and I chose her pretty Snowy Haven image for my project.

I've gone for a night-time scene and, although it turns out I'm not Thomas Kinkade after all, I think it's quite a cosy looking cottage.  I used black and navy watercolour pencils to create a night sky, with yellow in the windows and reflected in the snow for lights.  For all the snowy bits, and to give some stars in the sky, I've used irridescent glitter glue.  The papers are from a very favourite old Anita's 6x6 pack.  I almost made the card with the black and silver version of the papers, but remembered just in time that the theme is Winter Blues :-)  I finished off with glitter ribbon and a vellum greeting.  I'd love to know what you think of it.


Happy crafting
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Love it Amanda! It's really sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frosty look that the glitter gives this. A fab winter scene for a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to know someone's out there :-)